12/24/09

Life, Love, Laughter, and Aprons

Life, Love, and Laughter. All that I need and all that inspires me. Why I created this blog and why I create art. Which brings me to the direction of my post today...

It is my intention to stay focused with my attempt at blogging. To not let my amazing ability to jump from one subject to another, leak into The Apron Blog. With all this said, I have decided to allow myself to be me. With all the boundaries set by people for people, I am giving myself permission to blog freely within EVERYTHING that I love, I live, and makes me laugh. Luckily for you, these things are closely related to the title of this blog...The Apron (are you still following me?). In addition to my unnerving desire to wear aprons, I want to bake cookies regularly, hand write letters to relatives, and work from home.

I found some really unsettling quotes from a well-known woman on the topic of being a stay at home mom. To condense her distasteful ramblings about how women who raise there children are waisting their intelligence and time, I will just say this...her comments disgusted me and made me want to prove her wrong. I didn't want to create a blog about my desires to be more domestic than professional without showing that all women can be well-rounded human beings. Whether they work in corporate America or sell baked goods made in their kitchens. God created women to be creative, loving, nurturing, and resourceful. Along with a multitude of other things.

We can look at Proverbs 31 and see that females are more than just mothers or employees. We are loved, respected and most importantly, necessary. If God says it, I believe it. Nothing has truly changed about the blog, it's just that God has shown me its original intent. It's about me, it's about you. It's about cookies, it's about entrepreneurship. It's about our desires, and God's desires for us. It's about Life, Laughter and Love.

My secret love is the apron, what's yours?

2 comments:

  1. :) So cute! You make me want to wear an apron! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla, you are so silly...you would look awesome in an apron. Bake them cookies, girl!

    ReplyDelete